Use of Personal Information by Global Directories (Jamaica) Limited
- Global Directories (Jamaica) Limited may ask you to provide personal information, such as your e-mail address, name, home or work address or telephone number. Global Directories (Jamaica) Limited may also collect demographic information, such as your age, gender, preferences, interests and favorites. If you choose to make a purchase or sign up for a paid subscription service offered by Global Directories (Jamaica) Limited you will be ask for additional information, such as your credit card number and billing address in order to create a billing account.
- Global Directories (Jamaica) Limited may collect non-identifying information (that is, information that does not include data which personally identifies you) relating to your usage of the Website. Such non-identifying information may include: date and time of access to the Website; city, state and country; web-browser used; IP address (a numeric address given to servers connected to the Internet); whether you visited the website before and what pages were used; content downloaded; and the address of the websites that you visited immediately before visiting the Global Directories (Jamaica) Limited website. Global Directories (Jamaica) Limited uses this information to create summary statistics, determine the level of interest in the Website, determine what type of information is most useful, improve the Website, address your specific needs, provide better customer service and for general marketing purposes. The information may also be used to provide records of communication between Global Directories (Jamaica) Limited and you, and to comply with any legal and/or regulatory requirements.
Methods of Securing your Personal Information
- In order not to breach our commitment of privacy and confidentiality to you, we will require your consent and/or knowledge of Global Directories (Jamaica) Limited’s collection, use and disclosure of your personal information. We rely on your words and/or conduct, as appropriate, as indications of your consent to and/or knowledge of our collection, use or disclosure of your personal information. Such words or conduct may include:
(i) giving written consent for present and future collection, use and disclosure in relation to a particular transaction or service;
(ii) your voluntary provision of personal information directly to Global Directories (Jamaica) Limited;
(iii) your express consent or acknowledgement contained within a written, verbal or electronic application process;
(iv) your consent given upon solicitation by Global Directories (Jamaica) Limited (or our agent) for a specified purpose;
(v) your continued use of this Website;
(vi) your consent given through your authorized representative, such as a legal guardian, agent or holder of a power of attorney.
- Global Directories (Jamaica) Limited will not share your personal information with unaffiliated third parties without your prior consent or approval, excepting, however, that where Global Directories (Jamaica) Limited is required by law to disclose such personal information, including but not limited to, protect against fraud, money laundering, respond to a subpoena and under any other circumstances where disclosure is a legal requirement, Global Directories (Jamaica) Limited shall disclose such personal information required and to the extent required by law.
- Certain Global Directories (Jamaica) Limited employees will be provided with information about Website visitors or customers in order to serve the needs of those visitors or customers and provide them with information regarding specific products. Employees of Global Directories (Jamaica) Limited are instructed to comply with strict standards of care in handling customers’ personal and confidential information.
- All client records, whether stored electronically or on paper, are kept by Global Directories (Jamaica) Limited in secure facilities.
- Global Directories (Jamaica) Limited will only retain your personal information for as long as it is necessary, including to update the product or service or as required by law. When we destroy the information, we will use safeguards to prevent unauthorized parties from gaining access to the information during the process.
- Global Directories (Jamaica) Limited maintains appropriate structural, procedural, technical and organizational safeguards to protect your personal information against loss, theft, unauthorized access, disclosure, copying, modification or use.